Sunday, 17 April 2011

Scene setting - Let there be light!

 One thing I think can totally make a miniature scene is the introduction of mood lighting. It's something that can bring in another element of realism to the picture but also gives the viewer the impression that someone lives there. I don't know about you but when I see a photograph of a room and all of the lights are off I think 'scene'. When the light is switched on, even if there's no one in view I think 'home'. So, if you've never wired your own lights and want to give it a go then this step-by-step tutorial is for you. Just making four or five pre-wired lights gives you the flexibility to change the look in a non permanent way. Each light can be threaded through the lamp of your choice and then dismantled when the fancy takes you.


This tutorial will take you through the basic tools required...



...to the finished article







Clickie here for PDF tutorial 



Til next time,
                   Pepper =0)

6 comments:

  1. It's so great you have a blog now and we can follow the progress of your pub. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope to see some of the brass things I sent you once - that would be fun.
    Good luck and Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw! i have been avoiding lighting simply because my limited experience with the soldering iron have produced miserable results XD thank you SOOOO much for the pdf, I just read it, and it's made me want to rush out to the electronics store XD

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Snowfern *waves*
    Believe me, anyone who can make such fantastic miniatures as yourself will find the tutorial a doddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Oese and don't worry, I have big plans for the lovely brass items you sent me
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for instructions like yours for SO LONG!
    Thank you SOOO very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing this! Really clear, simple, easy!

    ReplyDelete