Sunday, 26 February 2012

The boys are back in town

Over the last couple of weeks I received two gift parcels. One, a swap from the fabulous Snowfern Clover, the second, a gift from the just-as-fabulous Modern MC. I consider myself blessed. I've never met either of these Ladies and yet they are kind enough to make/buy things for me. My Husband often accuses me of being too optimistic...always thinking the best of people. He is Mr Cynical incarnate. I smiled, smug and reassured in my unswerving belief in the goodness of all people and showed him my gifts. Thank you both, to all of you lovely people out there who prove Mr Cynical wrong on a daily basis *grins* 

One of the many gifts from Modern MC was a C2B chair. I decided to design a simple, symmetrical desk to compliment it


I don't know why but the chair made me think 'masculine' and was the inspiration for the rest of the room.




The artwork above the desk, (Alexander Calder), was another Modern MC gift and the inspiration behind the wire sculpture on the desk. I thought (wrongly), that wire sculpture in miniature would be easy. bwahaha! Easier said than done more like.


I was thinking 'rampant bull' when I started it. It ended up more 'playful and malnourished puppy' at the end.





I don't know why I thought black sofa = masculine either. Too much misspent youth in the company of motorcyclists wearing black leather I suppose. Ahhhh, the good ole days!

Amongst other things I asked Snowfern if she could make food that someone had started to eat. I like the idea that the homeowner is enjoying a good meal (unlike skinny puppy sculpture). I think...actually I know that the first item caused Snowfern a fair bit of trouble. But she persevered, bless her. Isn't it fabulous?


 There's a scoop out of the custard and cream, (sorry my photography does not do it justice), which is so apt in my house. I HATE jelly with a passion and always eat the top two layers and leave the (ugh) jelly for someone else to dispose of. You can't really appreciate how finely Snowfern's work is without holding it in your hand.


 I swear you imagine the smell of freshly baked cookies when you take these out of the packet.

Thank you so much Snowfern and Modern MC.

Have a great day
Pepper =0)


Credits: Throw cushions by Annina, Tennis bag by De Bezzzige Bijen , boots by Patrizia Santi, storage boxes by Moma store, blue bottle by Ray Storey, Hydranga kit by Templewood Miniatures, all other items made by me.

Modded to add

Thanks to Sandra for the question and reminding me that this blog is supposed to be a 'how to' *face palm*

So to make teeny elastic bands ~ get some coloured heat shrink tube, (some suppliers call it cable sleeving). It costs pennies.



 


Simply cut slices with a sharp craft knife/blade. Then you can chuck a few in a stationary container on a desk or put it around rolled paper =0)

Please let me know if there's anything else in my posts that you want a 'how to' on. I'm getting old...mind wanders...oo shiny stuff... =0)

 Ref the question from Mini Dork

Additional info on the 'rug'. It's a sample from a company called Amtico International and the range is Linear Chalk.


If you click on the link, you can order samples which come in lovely 'rug' sized squares...but don't tell them I sent you ;0)

38 comments:

  1. This is so amazing! The desk is beautiful, and I am so impressed by your wire sculpture! Everything looks so realistic. I love the color blue, so I'd move here in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. Spare room here any time you want =0)

      Delete
  2. Another thumbs up for the desk from me! Great scene!

    I am curious about your "rubber bands". What are those made from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I've added a bit to the post about the elastic bands =0)

      Delete
    2. Pepper, Much thanks for the mini "how to"! Seriously clever. And I can do that!(Now, if only I can find my X-Acto knife... )

      Delete
  3. The scene and desk are fab! I wish I had the skills to just whip something like that desk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't sell yourself short =0( I'm sure you could make this

      Delete
  4. Una escena fantastica, cada detalle me encanta.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por sus amables palabras
      =0)

      Delete
  5. I am so tempted to buy some of Snowfern's cookies for my girls XD ... I'm afraid I'd be tempted to eat them they look so awesome!

    ... and I LOVE your room... where in the world did you get those awesome blue bottles/vases from????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather,
      Snowfern's food is awesome.

      The bottle on the right is from Ray Storey ~ http://www.raystoreylighting.com/chem/chem_2.htm
      The globe on the right is a glass bead

      Delete
  6. Pepper, I love all your posts and fotos and rooms, but this one is my favourite. the desc is so cool.
    And I want to say, that I live like you in the matter of giving gifts to others and don't ask if they will give it back. Because I know, they will give it back - perhaps to another person and this person to another and so on. And one day there are so many gifts for me and you and people like us. I'm very proud to know you, you are so kind and wonderful. And I hope that one day I can give up my laziness and write you some postcards, 'cause I know you love them.
    Greetings from Germany and
    Oese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oese,
      I totally believe in karma and the circulation of good vibes. I have to say the miniature community seems especially kind hearted and helpful

      *waves from Ole Blighty*

      Delete
  7. Ohh! I do love your work here, Ms. Pepper. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Why can't I make a quick desk or two? Ugh. Beautiful lighting and I want one of those cookies. The bands are so clever. I think I'm going to try the wire sculpture...let's see what disaster happens...ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll make a better job of the wire sculpture thing. I think it needs dainty, nimble fingers and mine are all glue-y and wood splinter-y =0)

      Delete
  8. Pepper I love this cool scene the wonderful desk, the coffee table the glass accesories the lot.
    Iäm sure people give and will give back to zou. The feeling of giving out right is so great.Thank zou so much.
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neomi. The people I've met through the blogs have been pretty amazing =0)

      Delete
  9. This scene really is fantastic. The desk reminds me of furniture by the Blu Dot company. I don't care about your editorial, the wire sculpture is fabulous and inspires me to torture my clumsy fingers for a while in an attempt to come up with my own creation. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Studioseven, thanks for the kind words and for stopping by. Blu Dot? Cool, another company to trawl for inspiration. Thanks for the heads up =0)

      Delete
  10. Jeebus woman, what can't you do???? Fantabulous. Love love love it all!! The desk is gorgeous, congrats. The whole room is just terrific. Where did you get that great white rug? Did you make that? I'd love to see another photo of it. I really appreciate the time to add all of the links and details on where you got everything. I will be getting a few of the items. I think its a great way to promote others work. Fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MD *blushes* The rug is actually a flooring sample. I'll post more pics when I get home =0)

      Delete
    2. Sweet!! I just ordered some samples! Plus they have a local company in my neck of the woods that also sells them, so I'm going to check them out in person. Great find and thanks for sharing! :D

      Delete
  11. I'm pretty convinced that you can do just about anything. Have you tried world peace??! Your work brings smiles to my day, and I'm SERIOUS when I say that! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Callsmall. You're very kind =0)

      Delete
  12. You do such lovely work for your scenes! And the scenes are just wonderful because of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mini Minnie for the lovely comments

      Delete
  13. ahhh <3! i finally got round to taking photos of your beautiful work but i'm re-learning how to take photos with my 'new' camera T-T i'm sorry the photos don't do your work justice *crestfallen* but i'm learning! am in the midst of putting up the post, i feel so bad for dragging it out, i can't wait to show off what you gave me ahhH!!!

    did i mention i love everything you made for me, and more?!?!? and this scene just puts my own 'collection' to shame, your work is fantastic, as are your purchases! the rubber band tip is awesome too! i need to get to the electrical shop building place and get some of those thingummies!!! you rock so hard :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad and yes, you did mention how much you liked the items I sent you *bear hug*

      Awsomeness right back atcha! =0)

      Delete
  14. I visited Cindy's blog and saw the link to you blog.
    I tought I was looking around in a real room: you make amazing and fabulous work!! By the way I'm a new follower of your blog and already a great fan of your work. I certainly come again!!
    Kind regards, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi llona, thanks for stopping by and for the lovely comments =0)

      Delete
  15. Una maravilla de escena...Me encantará volver a visitar tu blog y conocer tus nuevos trabajos...Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pepper...can u email me your postal addy please as you won my giveaway! Hugz Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! Couldn't resist gawking at your blog again..the furniture you make just makes me itch to try to make something similar but I have no idea how to start. So please please show us two tutorials: 1) butterfly lamp you made snowfern 2/ sideboard/ table it rests on. You said this is a how to blog so show us how! Pretty please with sugar on top???? Take care and enjoy your day sweetness..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha, thanks for the nice comments. I'll write up a tutorial as soon as =0)

      Delete
  18. Sigh * how I am in love with the things that you make. I wish I was so talented.
    I hate that in Netherlands there is but 1 shop that sells somewhat modern furniture even though I've gotten things of their sometimes broken. And also no longer wanted to swap their this.
    If I was so creative as you, I would have made homemade stuff for a long time already. Incidentally, do you have any idea how I can make that sewn pouff.
    By the way, I still can’t click on youre follow button. Is that my computer or is it something with the internet ..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy,
      It's sad there aren't more modern miniatures but I think the hobby is growing. The knitted pouff is on The Shopping Sherpa's blog here
      http://theshoppingsherpa.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/making-scene.html

      I see you managed to follow me now. Blogger sometimes has a hic-up and the button doesn't work =0(

      Delete